My Inspiration~

So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun. Ecclesiasties 8:15

Saturday, November 21, 2009

November on the Ranch

I was thinking this morning about November back home. Obviously this picture is not not in November. Much to green. Yes this is the extent of green in Eastern Oregon. Field stay mostly nice, mountains are dry as dirt.




I was thinking about it though, and about how on a November morning I would probably be getting up bright and early to go work cows. It was about the time to do preg-testing which entailed corral work. Fun stuff actually. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Course I wasn't the one stickin my arm up Bessie's Hoo Haw either. LOL


My mom would make potato soup and grilled cheese sandiwiches for lunch. We'd come home covered in... well you can guess. Regailing the tails of the corral enough to have mom getting up and leaving the table. She doesn't have a weak stomach. She just didn't care to hear about it all.



For the record the only picture that is mine, from my ranch is the top one. The others are the other lucky bastards who are still fortunate enough to live on a a ranch.

I miss it so much.

Getting dirty.
Working hard.
Staying physically fit.

Working on a ranch, you don't have the option to sit on your butt eating bon bons.



You're working hard, on the ground, in the saddle busting your butt.



I think the thing I regret the most about my life on the ranch, besides the fact I'm not still there... I never took a camera with me to take the pictures I now have to search for on Google. Hoping something will capture a bit of what I had back home.

That's it for now.

I'm off to get more coffee and go to my husband's basketball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers